OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
(Please read carefully)
- It shall be policy that hazing will not be tolerated, condoned nor endorsed as explicitly stated in the following;
- The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. embraces the principles contained in the Statement of Position on Hazing as promulgated by the Fraternity Executives Association (see statement below). However, for its own intent and purposes, the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. espouses the following as its official Statement of Position on Hazing; to wit:
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy that strictly prohibits and expressly denounces the practice of hazing in any form before, during and after the Membership Intake Process. pre-initiation activities for any of its chapters or by any of its members against any person seeking admission to the organization. The policy expressly prohibits all acts and forms of hazing, before, during and after the Membership Intake Process. ‘Hazing’ is defined as any reckless or intentional action taken or any situation created which produces mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment or ridicule. Such activities and situations include, but are not limited to paddling in any form; creation of excessive fatigue; creating or inflicting physical and/or psychological shocks; conducting quests, treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, road trips or any other such activities carried on outside the confines of a house/domicile; public wearing of any apparel or paraphernalia which is conspicuous, not normally in good taste or otherwise banned; engaging in public stunts and buffoonery; morally degrading or humiliating an individual(s) through words or deeds; conducting late (after established hours) sessions which interfere with or prohibit the pursuit of scholastic attainment or productive work; and the conduct of any activities, express or implied, which are not consistent with the Cardinal Principles espoused by the Fraternity or academic missions of the colleges or universities where chapters of the Fraternity may exist. The express or implied consent of a person to any such actions shall not be considered as an exception to this policy and is not defensible as a violation thereof.
- Member is liable for all damages/costs incurred for any claims arising from acts of hazing. Grand Counselor will pursue this.
- Any individual interested in membership or seeking membership who allows himself to be hazed will be banned indefinitely from membership in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Personal Use of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Web Site Documents Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print for personal use only Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. documents (such as public statements, press releases, datasheets etc.) that are available on this web site, subject to the following conditions:
The documents may not be modified.
The following copyright notice and this permission notice must appear in each document: “Copyright (c) 2000 Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.. All rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties. For additional information, call (404) 284-5533 https://www.oppf.org ” Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed
This permission does not extend to materials owned by other content providers / advertisers that appear on the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. web site. You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the Omega Psi Phi. Fraternity, Inc. web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. trademarks without the express written permission of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Commercial Use of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Web Site Materials and Screen Shots Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. web site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met. To request such permission please send email with the words “Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Permission Request” in the subject line, and include the following information in the body of the message:
The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. content you wish to use.
Where and how will it be used (for example, in an Internet use manual, in a newsletter, or in a movie).
- Where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience.
- How many copies will be produced and distributed.
- When you intend to publish.
- Other non-Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. materials that will be associated with the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. content.Your name, title, company, address, email address, and phone number.In addition, please provide an example or mockup of the intended use, either by sending a file attached to your email (in Microsoft Word 98 or better), or by fax. We will need all of the above in order to evaluate your request. Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.Licensed Trademark UseUse, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. trademarks is strictly prohibited without written permission from Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. If your organization has a preexisting agreement with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., that agreement, along with the specific guidelines for each trademark, will specify your rights and obligations regarding use of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. trademarks.If you do not have an existing agreement with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., you do not have permission to use Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. trademarks. If you have additional questions, please contact Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. at the address provided below.
The contents of all material available on this Internet site are copyrighted by OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC. (OPP) unless otherwise indicated. Copyright is not claimed as to any part of an original work prepared by a U.S. or state government officer or employee as part of that person’s official duties. All rights are reserved by OPP and content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of OPP, or as indicated.
Members of OPP may download pages or other content for their own use, consistent with the mission and purpose of the fraternity; however, no part of such content – text or graphic – may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred, in any form or by any means, including placement on another website, except with the prior written permission of and with express attribution to OPP.
Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.